Company: Milestone Hospitality
Contact: Diane Speert – Director of Human Resources
Position: Chief Engineer
Location: Holiday Inn Grantville – Grantville, PA
Please email resumes (including salary requirements) to email@example.com
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Conducts walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and any other related equipment.
• Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovations projects to offices, and employee work areas.
• Hires, trains, supervises and disciplines department staff and all other staff under direction of Property Operations.
• Adheres to all Corporate required purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
• Maintains effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs, conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
• Informs the General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent, and cost effective proposals for maintaining same.
• Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generates reports.
• Maintains appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating and maintenance requirements of the hotel.
• Maintains organized and efficient administrative and filing systems within Property Operations for the timely and accurate handling of correspondence, reports, requisitions for purchase, and other administrative requirements of the department.
• Maintains a well-defined, and organized system within the shop for the inventory, maintenance, and storage of all tools, products, materials, and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department.
• Immediately available to report to the hotel in the event of any hotel emergency which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Director of Property Operations. By example such emergencies may include, but not be limited to fires, power or other equipment failures, floods, lighting, earthquake, or other disasters of similar nature and magnitude.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as coordination and supervision of special guest requests for room and/or meeting space modification, construction of props for special hotel functions and employee relations events.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all.
• Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
• Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with property operations.
• Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products relating to the department.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to remain informed on state-of-the-art developments effecting the safe, and effective operation of the building facility.
• Ability to analyze all associated systems as to their design, intent, and effective performance.
• Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, offering assistance in areas where they lack knowledge, skills or experience Able to rephrase, or "translate" fairly technical information into terms in which a lay person may easily understand.
• Graduation high school and from an apprenticeship and/or advanced training program for operating engineers recognized by the industry and trade.
• Any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
• Five years experience as journey mechanic or engineer with a class A hotel company or related industry.
• Two years experience as a head or Assistant Chief Engineer in same or similar environment.
Licenses or Certificates
• Any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations, such as an Electrician's license and HVAC certification.