Company: Milestone Hospitality Management
Contact: Diane Speert – Director of Human Resources
Position: Executive Housekeeper
Location: Holiday Inn Grantville – Grantville, Pennsylvania
Please email resumes (including salary requirements) to email@example.com
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work. Provide staffing, training, counseling, and performance review for housekeeping department.
• Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
• Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor supplies, etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
• Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
• Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel Hazcom program.
• Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
• Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
• Supervise the operation of linen, uniforms, supply and storage rooms.
• Install inventory controls for uniforms, linens and supplies to be monitored by issuance procedures and purchasing.
• Document needs of the department to furnish management with budget requests.
• Manage, monitor and make adjustments in order to comply with energy conservation program management.
• Monitor issuance of keys and maintain inventory.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
• Knowledge of Hotel Corporate policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property.
• Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting.
• Supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation.
• Ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, contractors.
• Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Two years college experience preferred
• Completion of Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management preferred
• At least 3 years experience in Supervisory/Management/Assistant Housekeeping position.