Company: Milestone Hospitality
Contact: Diane Speert – Director of Human Resources
Position: Banquet Manager
Location: Holiday Inn Harrisburg East – Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Please email resumes (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Hire, schedule, and train all banquet staff to include conducting roll-call and monthly meetings, and illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for American, French, buffet and parade types of service.
• Supervise the set-up function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set-up.
• Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, conventions services, and engineering staffs, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
• Hire, schedule, and train all banquet staff to include conducting roll-call meetings, and monthly meetings, and illustrating the proper techniques and etiquette for American, French, buffet and parade types of service.
• Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
• Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
• Attends meetings such as menu meeting.
• Orders supplies and linens for functions from Purchasing and Housekeeping departments.
• Separates, posts, and distributes event order sheets.
• Assist servers and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and Milestone quality standards.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local health and safety regulations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the English language in order to read event orders and effectively communicate with guests and employees.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a function.
• Ability to set realistic goals and standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Two years of banquet captain or food and beverage supervisory experience required.