Company: Milestone Hospitality
Contact: Diane Speert – Director of Human Resources
Position: Sales Manager
Location: Lancaster Host Resort – Lancaster, PA
Please email resumes (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Solicits account leads from group meeting/event planners and decision makers for cultivation and development. Develops sales plan and strategy in order to meet or exceed room night and other revenue goals..
• Represents the hotel with prospective customers to provide necessary information on hotel facilities and services and to determine levels of interest.
• Manages and negotiates account details and contracts so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Communicates and plans for operations departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
• Formulates program and submits formal sales proposals to prospective customers.
• Leads on-site inspections by customers, entertains customers, performs outside sales calls to develop leads.
• Attends trade shows/events and makes personal calls on customers which may involve travel within or outside the United States, dependent on assigned markets.
• Forecasts realistic group pick-up utilizing recent convention history and other information.
• Distributes information relative to the company/customer and the hotel.
• Actively participates where appropriate in related trade organizations.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Knowledge of the hotel sales process to include lead generation, solicitation, negotiation and closing techniques.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers and hotel team members.
• Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
• Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
• Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Participate in key organizations as recommended by management.
• Four year college degree preferred
• Prior hotel experience in hospitality sales, conference planning or convention skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer