Company: Milestone Hospitality Management
Contact: Diane Speert – Director of Human Resources
Position: Human Resources Manager
Location: Hilton / Homewood Suites / Hampton Inn – Silver Spring, Maryland
Please email resumes (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient employees.
• Conduct interview for all positions.
• Ensure that employees are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration, and monitoring of all training programs.
• Instruct training classes, analyze and review current and proposed methods, consult with and make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
• Monitor the employee performance appraisal programs to ensure reviews are timely.
• Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable.
• Direct and administer employee relations programs and activities such as employee recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive employee relations climate.
• Develop, implement, and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment. Monitor same for fair and consistent application.
• Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws as well as regulations and court rulings which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements. Supervise Affirmative Action program.
• Provide assistance guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff and line employees in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
• Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals, and/or computer systems.
• Review and appraise all personnel changes and paperwork for merit and accuracy.
• Approve all required Human Resource forms such as Personnel Authorizations and Employment Requisitions.
• Coordinate and/or present training programs such as supervisor de elopement, new team member orientation, train-the-trainer sessions and related training to meet specific departmental needs.
• Supervise, coordinate and motivate the activities of the department staff.
• Monitor safety programs and Worker’s Compensation benefits.
• Maintain all hotel personnel records and Human Resources files ensuring confidentiality where necessary.
• Compose, type, and distribute general Human Resources correspondence, such as those announcing policy revisions.
• Answer telephone inquiries.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager or Milestone Hospitality Management such as administering Quality Assurance programs and Employee Opinion Surveys.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Ability to deal effectively with all employees and employee representatives, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing in order to prepare official memorandum and correspondence as well as provide clear and meaningful instructions, guidance, and counseling to all employees.
• Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human resources matters.
• Basic mathematical skills in order to perform moderately complex calculations for salary and benefit administration and to forecast departmental expenses using a calculator and/or moderately complex computer system.
• Ability to type 50 words per minute to prepare correspondence and meet deadlines.
• Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions for an eight-plus hour shift.
• Visual ability to observe employees in the work place, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as employee performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree preferred..
• Three years combine general Human resources and supervisory experience.
• Prior Hilton or Hilton Family of Brands experience preferred.
• Prior hotel experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer